Share this recipe
Better Than Apple Pie Cookie Recipe
Imagine your favorite, buttery, chewy drop cookie and an old-fashioned, apple pie have a baby. With fall spices, green apple vodka, ground apple chips, a tart, apple cider glaze, this scrumptious cookie is chock-full of apple pie flavor.
- mini food processor
- parchment paper or silpat
- 14 TBSP butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 TBSP green apple vodka
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup ground, dried apple chips
- 1 ½ cups flour
For the Glaze
- 1 cup apple cider reduced
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven at 375° F.In a large, non-stick skillet, melt and brown 14 TBSP of butter. Pour into a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the glaze, in a small saucepan, pour 1 cup of apple cider and cook on medium-high heat. Let it come to a boil and reduce cider to ⅓ of a cup (about 15 minutes). Take cider reduction off the heat. Whisk in a tablespoon of butter and then 1 cup of powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add apple chips and grind finely (like bread crumbs).
- In the mixing bowl of cooled, melted butter, add dark brown sugar and granulated sugar, stirring well. Add apple vodka, egg, egg yolk, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix well. Stir in ground apple chips and flour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Scoop out 12 1-ounce scoops onto the pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Once cool, dollop a scant teaspoon of the apple cider glaze onto each cookie.Yields: 2 ½ dozen
Make Better Chocolate Chip Cookies in 8 Simple Steps